Top Tips to Clean and Protect Your Boots
Day in and day out, your EVER BOOTS go through a lot. While EVER BOOTS are known for their quality and durability, there are a few things you can do to protect and extend their lifespan.
Take the time to clean your boots at the end of each day to prevent stains and build up.
- Use a horse brush to remove any excess dirt and debris
- Wipe your boots down with a damp cloth.
- Store your shoes properly using cedar shoe trees
Cedar shoe trees help to maintain the shape of your boots and absorb any excess moisture to reduce odors. Adding these tips to your routine will make cleaning easier in the long run.
SHAMPOO & TREATMENT
In addition to daily maintenance, it’s important to shampoo and condition your boots roughly once per month.
- Remove the shoelaces
- Brush off any excess dirt and debris
- Using a sponge or horse brush, apply soap to the leather
- Wipe the soap off with a damp cloth
- Using a sponge, apply conditioner to the leather
- Dry the boots with a soft cloth
- Leave them to air dry
- Shampoos and conditioners vary, so make sure you have the right treatment for either leather or suede.
- Do not use a hair dryer or any other type of heat to dry your boots, otherwise you risk cracking the leather.
- To keep the interior fresh and clean, you can also try throwing the insoles in the washing machine.
Applying a waterproofing product to your boots will not only keep your feet dry, but also help your boots last longer. It’s a good idea to break in your boots before waterproofing them with a water-based product. Of course if you already have the “ULTRA DRY” Work Boot, you’re already good to go.
EVER BOOTS were made to last. Keep them looking clean and feeling comfortable by following these easy tips.
Learn more about the styles and features of EVER BOOTS products here.
Also in News
- Consider your environment and future use
- Get the right size
- Be sure they are made of quality materials
- Arch support insoles
- Quality socks